Monday, March 23, 2009

The Bug

Hold on. Give me a second to listen to this silence. *sigh* I just have to soak that in. Breeeeathe in the peace and quiet and allow it to become a part of me. Ooooooooooooom.

Now, why did I need to do that? Three words: Ava, stomach, and virus. Yeah. She got it. You know, I've gotten pretty good at blowing bubbles. I wonder if I could blow one big enough for Ava to live in. She would be just like a little hamster, running around in her ball protected from everything. I don't know where she got The Bug from. But it was almost a week ago and we are just starting to get over it. Yes, I said we. You mommas know, when baby is sick, Momma is sick. Let's recap! Okay!

So, last Tuesday, Adrian and I were on our way to a play date. We were already frustrated because we got lost. Much like us, my sweet baby was just not happy. I don't blame her. But not 30 seconds after I turned around to her in the back seat and gave her a very stern "Ava, that is enough" -- it started. My poor pumpkin's virus introduced itself into our lives. And it went on, and on, and on. From Tuesday to Saturday. And although her body is doing better, she is just not herself. I miss my sweet Sassy. So, now she is sleeping. But we spent the morning screaming (I screamed in my head only...don't worry). Poor thing even screamed as she ate her waffle. It is absolutely pitiful.

On the plus side, and through the tears, Ava now says, "Apple," "sticker," "ouchie," and "poopoo." Yes, friends, The Bug taught us many things.

So I say while a shake my head and smile, while we were uh, "cleaning up", my mom was cruising in her new BMW and my in-laws were in Italy. How is that for pay back? : )

Oh well....through it all we continue to be so blessed.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to wallow in my self pity.

1 comment:

Baker Family said...

I am so sorry that you guys have had this stomach bug. It's been going around at school, but thankfully I haven't caught it. I'm glad you guys are on the way to recovery!