Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ready to Share

I am glad that I have an incredbile memory. I have always had the ability to store things away into my mind's file cabinet where it stays nice and organized. I remember the smallest things...where my spot was on the floor during story time in Kindergarden, what I wore to my first dance in Jr. High, my deepest but most calm breath I ever took as I walked down the aisle on my wedding day, stroking my sweet baby girl's warm velvet-like back as she rested in the NICU....I remember it all. But I often wish that I could let others in, too. Sure, I treasure some things and keep them selfishly stored with lock and key in these file cabinets of mine. But this life of ours, although it can be challenging at times (aren't they all?), has been given to us by the grace of our God. I hope that by keeping this blog, even though I feel I should have started it years ago, I will remember to thank God daily as I am reminded of these little (and big) things that happen in my family's life. And, at the same time open the file cabinets so to speak, letting others learn what life is like in the Woods. Enjoy...

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Yay for Emily!

Megs said...

Hey I just got a blog spot too! Mine is not much right now either. lol! So glad you got one now I can keep up with your life lol! Love ya and Miss ya!

MomandDad said...

I guess this means i only have to call you one time a day! LOL Momma