Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our faaaaaab-ulous weekend

Well, we decided that this weekend was a great time to take our little pumpkin to a pumpkin patch. Of course, being the sentimental woman that I am, I had flashbacks of last year when we took our brand new, fresh out of the patch pumpkin to her very first pumkin patch. My, what a difference a year makes, right? Ava wouldn't even sit still for a picture (if we wanted one with her we had to work fast!) But it was a lot of fun and more precious family memories. I don't know if you watch "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" on TLC (I am obsessed with that show! Love-it!) but Kate always talks about how she doesn't give her children things but she gives them experiences. Keith and I do keep that in mind with Ava. That's why we find any chance to bring her somewhere where she can learn something and experience something new (such as driving an hour away so she could feed camels through a fence...yes, we did do that...) We just love to see her reactions. I want her to have wonderful memories (I know she is a little young still) from her childhood like I have. So this last weekend, we took her to a really big pumpkin patch and she also enjoyed her very first helping of McDonald's chicken McNuggets. I know...HUGE! Then on Saturday, we went out and got her a new pair of walking shoes because she is now such a big girl. Of all places, we found her shoes at Bass Shoes. Now, when I think of Bass I think of leather and loafers. But we did find her a pair of really cute shoes suitable for walking (and complete with three pink rinestones on the strap...very Ava...and Mommy). This weekend Ava also started a new love...dress-up. I put a hat on her thinking it would come off in 5 seconds as hats always do. She kept it on! For a long time! Then I threw on a couple of scarves...she loved that, too! Our little Coco Chanel was prancing around with her latest work looking at Keith just waiting for him to take a picture. *sigh* This weekend was filled with just so much laughter and family time. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Aww, you guys are precious! Love the pics!

Megs said...

Aww so cute! Dress up was one of my favorite things as a child too! HAHA you and I probably even did it! Aww the childhood memories! Childhood friends are the ones we keep! Love ya!