Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Halloween On The Run

Well, just like every other mom out there is probably doing today, I am of course going to share my precious baby girl's Halloween pictures with the world. I have to admit that I was indeed a slacker this year. I was a slacker because we evacuated our house on Halloween night as if there was a hurricane coming. We closed up shop. We put the dog in our bedroom away from the front door, we turned off our lights, and we ran.

You know, Ava is just too young to take out trick-or-treating. And I certainly did not want buckets of candy in the house. Last year, we put our one month old pumpkin in her Halloween pjs, sat on the front porch, and handed out candy. Here's a thought...aren't kids a little too old for going door to door trick-or-treating when they aren't in a costume, mumble what I think is a "Trick-or-Treat," and hold out a Walmart bag for you to fill up? So, Keith and I decided to avoid it all! We dressed our little Miss Priss up in her tutu, tights, and tap shoes, and hit the road to go explore another pumpkin patch. This girl had so much fun running around that place. There were so many pumpkins, a playhouse made out of hay, a playground, a petting zoo, a few tractors....it was great! She wouldn't stand still for 5 seconds. And get this...this is great...there was a little boy there dressed up as Winnie the Pooh. Well, Miss Ava caught a glimpse of him and went after him growling like a bear herself (just picture a child pointing at what she wants and walking like a zombie in a trance...that what she was doing...while growling....) When she got up to him she grabbed a hold of is hood (which was the head of his Pooh Bear costume). She tried to rip the poor boy's Winnie the Pooh head off of his head! She wanted to play with it so badly! It was great! Another priceless moment brought to us by Ava Claire.

We had a great time. I love putting this little busy bee down and watching her go. She just takes in everything, watching every person and checking out every object. Everyone just stops to watch her and talk to her. She makes everyone smile. Our Ava is just such a light in our lives. I know, I know, my blogs tend to have a common theme...but this little girl is my life. She is everything to us. And she has made me a better person. So why not write about what makes me whole?

4 comments:

Alicia said...

She is so precious in that little tutu!

Baker Family said...

Her little skirt is adorable! What a cutie! Collin went trick or treating with his aunt (since I'm on bedrest). That's the first time he's gone and he did pretty well. I'm a bad mom though b/c I didn't buy him a costume b/c I had no intention of going with him at 38 weeks pregnant! :) Just wait until next year when Ava gets the whole concept of "trick or treat". It's too fun!

MomandDad said...

What a wonderful way to express your thoughts...you paint such a vivid picture of Life in the Wood(s)...I almost feel like we are there with you...I love you
XXXOOOMOM

Megs said...

She is so cute! You do such a great job painting a vivid pic! I do feel like I was there even if I wasnt...I can't wait to meet her! Even though she may be a toddler by now lol!