Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Let the Suuuuuun-shine In!"

Brace yourselves, folks! This is an exciting entry! For those of you who really know me, you probably already know that I thrive on being organized, orderly, consistent, what have you. Sometimes it can tend to be a little extreme. I do prefer my clothes to all have the same colored hanger (white). I give all of the wired ones and assorted colored ones to Keith who could care less. It just looks neater when they all match, admit it. Now Ava's closet must have the pjs on the bottom row and all other clothes on the top...jeans on the left, bigger clothes tucked nicely toward the right. The kitchen MUST be clean before I can go to bed (everything else can be a little messy if it must be, but the kitchen has to be clean...I'll have nightmares.) The bed needs to be made. Keith can confirm that in the past I have in fact made the bed just minutes before we get into it for the night. I asked for and graciously received a label maker for Christmas last year...I almost labeled my husband out of excitement. I love getting new items for Ava because I can't wait to put them in their appropriate place (closet, bathroom, drawers, so on and so forth.) It's serious.

For those of you who really know me and for those of you who don't, you now no longer think that I thrive on organization, order, and consistency, but you now think I am simply obsessive-compulsive. Be that as it may : ), boy, do I have some pictures for you! Okay! (*clearing throat*) First we have my longtime friend -- The Junk Drawer. See Exhibit A.

Exhibit A

Now, Exhibit A is actually The Craft Drawer (one of many). The Craft Drawer is on the waiting list. But this is what The Junk Drawer looked like before I was let loose to work my magic on it. So we'll call this the "before" shot. Now let's see Exhibit B.

Exhibit B

As the Angels are singing "Hallelujah!" in all of our minds, we can now see the miraculous organization that has taken place. To the left we have a contained space which houses pens, pencils, small tools for quick access so I don't have to go into the garage, suntan lotions conveniently placed next to our pool key, and an ink pad with spare ink...I probably should move that to the craft drawer, doh! To the right we have our coupons separated in zip lock baggies (one for Baby stuff, the other for grocery items) Underneath that we have our to-go/delivery menus and restaurant coupons. Ahhhhh...the Earth is more balanced now. Where did I put everything else? (cue the drum roll)

Exhibit C

Look what we got! Who else has dreamed of having a file cabinet? Anyone? Anyone? My friends! We have a place for receipts, instruction manuals, Uppercase Living stuff, house stuff, bills, music therapy stuff from school, we-have-it-all! What? You want to see when the pest control people came out last? Well, here, let me tell you! July 8th! What does Maestro need to get at the vet? His Bortetella shot! (...oh, October...yikes...I better do that.) Where is my husband right now? Work! It's THAT easy! Everything that once filled my life with clutter is now in its place. Now, focus on your breathing and allow yourself to calm down. Now don't you see how exciting this is?

Next time you can't find something, go ahead, think of me and this bliss that I am in. Go and clean your junk drawer and give yourself a little shot of organization. I am telling you, it will bring sunshine into your WORLD!

.... I think I have had too much coffee.


6 comments:

Megs said...

I wish I was that organized... I am a little better at this apt then my last but not that much there is still stuff not where it belongs lol! You want to come help me!

Megs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

looks like you had a very productive day!! Funny...i don't seem to remember you being so organized in college.... ;)Have a great weekend!

Alicia said...

Hahaha, oh Emily! I miss you! By the way, every time I go to Wendy's, I think of you and how we'd have like 15 minutes on Wednesdays to go get food and scarf it down before Dr. Cohen's class.

Baker Family said...

You crack me up! I thinnk you need to come help me organize. I'm pretty sure with Collin and Luke I'm not going to have any time for organization!

Did Lisa ever schedule her UL party? I want to make sure I place and order when she does!