Monday, November 10, 2008

This Little Light of Mine

It's a little gloomy outside today. Is it weird that I sometimes like days like these? It's gloomy and it's cold...okay well it's not cold, it's probably 60 degrees outside but if I say it's cold then it justifies my sitting here in sweatpants and fuzzy socks. When I was growing up I loved days when it was gloomy like this because my mom would always turn on the lamps to bring some light into the house. I loved that! It felt so cozy and comfortable having those lamps on in the middle of the day. To this day, I am very much in favor of lamps vs. overhead lights. Keith always says I am a "direct light" person as opposed to an "indirect light" person. So today, my house is glowing with direct light.

This weekend we did something that I am oh so proud of. No, this does not have anything to do with organization (silly friends, you're hooked! Sorry to disappoint!) but I suppose it does sort of relate. Would it simply amaze you that being the insanely organized person that I am, I am a bit of a procrastinator? Yes, yes, I am. Well, listen to THIS! I am on-the-ball! Okay, let's rewind briefly to Wednesday. At my MOPS group on Wednesday we had a lady come in to speak about getting (breathe with me, breathe with me) organized for the Christmas Season. Let me tell you, this lady is our own local Martha Stewart on steroids. Martha Stewart II has 5 children, and she left me with my jaw dropped. She was a-mazing! She had idea after idea after idea...I found myself feeling a little ashamed at times! But I did leave feeling inspired to jump on it and get ready early! So let's move forward to Friday...ish (when you are a stay at home mom the days run together like my daughter's attempt at finger painting...side story...I took Ava to the pediatrician a couple of weeks ago and I was filling something out that needed a date. I asked the nurse "what is today, the 23rd?" and the nurse said "um, the 29th...Halloween is in 2 days." WHAT?) Anyway, on Friday...ish, I was looking at ideas on the computer for Christmas cards and I was madly inspired by someone else's idea. So I asked Keith if we could try to take Ava's Christmas picture this weekend and of course he was on board (a little less when I told him I needed the Christmas Tree out of the attic). But, he was the supportive husband that he always is and he thought it was a splendid idea. So this weekend, we very successfully took care of our Christmas card picture. Indulge me and say to yourself "Emily, it is only November the 10th! Way to go! " Yes, yes, it is early but I avoided procrastination! Yay! Keith took an amazing picture of our angel as he always does...he said it's because she's beautiful....(*sigh*).

It's November the 10th. My pictures are being printed as we speak. I can proudly say that my Christmas cards will be sent out weeks before Christmas. My husband is awesome, my daughter is precious, and I found out this weekend that we get to spend Thanksgiving with my family in San Antonio visiting my brother who I haven't seen since March. The weather is perfect, just how I sometimes like it, and I now have a beautiful Christmas Tree. It's assembled a little early, but it's joining my lamps -- lighting up my house with it's beautiful direct glow.

2 comments:

MomandDad said...

I looooovvvve you and you make me smile....MOM

MomandDad said...

Oh, I forgot - just a bit of a gas bubble in my brain-the music is fabulous - I got goose bumps remembering you and Keith dancing to Sting's My One and Only Love on you wedding day...I love you and Keith and Ava - life for this GiGi is very good!