Monday, December 1, 2008

Filled To The Rim!

Boy, am I full! I tell you...this Thanksgiving left me feelin' full to the rim. I am filled with SO much thanks, love, appreciation, admiration, and hope (and yes, of course turkey, stuffing, Mexican food, and sweets.) You see, Keith, Ava, and I had not one, not two, but THREE Thanksgiving gatherings this year. And I think we traveled the entire right side of the great state of Texas. Not kidding. From Dallas on Wednesday afternoon to The Woodlands, from The Woodlands to San Antonio, from San Antonio back to The Woodlands, from The Woodlands to Sugar Land, from Sugar Land to Rosenberg, from Rosenberg to Sugar Land, from Sugar Land to Richmond (TX, not VA...we aren't that crazy), from Richmond to Sugar Land, and Sugar Land back to Dallas on Sunday evening. Are ya tired? I AM!

And I have to chuckle. The house is a mess filled with everything we had packed in the car yesterday, there is unpacking time to be had, grocery shopping to partake in, and a nap to wish for. But it is necessary to blog. I don't feel like cleaning, I think I could live out of suitcases for one more day, I don't really feel like skipping down the grocery aisle, and a nap? Psh. Forget about it...I am stretching my eye lids to prepare for a long afternoon post Ava's Flu-shot (in T minus 1 hour and 31 minutes.)

I do have a lot of pictures from this Thanksgiving family time. My paparazzi took a bunch but they are at work. I promise to post very soon, so stay tuned! But until then, boy oh boy! I'll just give thanks...

From this Thanksgiving:

- I am thankful that when we left on Wednesday, we made it to The Woodlands safely, but I am still holding a little grudge on the roadways between Huntsville and Conroe. Traffic = a test on Emily's patience.
- I am thankful for the yummy dinner we had at Willie's Wednesday night with my parents. I felt so special ordering Ava her very first kid's meal. Thanks Mom and Dad! We love ya'll SO much!
- I am thankful that Ava went down without a hitch on Wednesday night. I am also thankful that she and I got to spend some one on one time from 1:30 till 3:00 am (I say that still feeling sleepy 5 days later). I am thankful that she finally fell back asleep. I am thankful that I couldn't so I got to spend some time with my mom....at 3:00 in the morning...watching The Young and The Restless on her computer...at 3:00 in the morning...did I mention that I never went back to sleep?
- I am SO thankful that we got to drive to San Antonio on Thursday to spend Thanksgiving with my brother Chris and his wife Cathe. I am also thankful that Ava's healthy lungs were tested almost the whole way there. They work.
- I am thankful for the awesome Thanksgiving Day feast we had at Chris and Cathe's. It was so great to see the two of them. I am still getting used to the wedding ring on my brother's finger. I am sure he is still getting used to the fact that I am a Mommy. It was just precious to see him interact with Ava. It was precious time all together.
- I am thankful that Ava's lungs were still healthy on the way back to The Woodlands Thursday night. Ava-tested and not mother-approved. But I am thankful.
- I am thankful for Elmo and DVD players (thanks to Santa and Mom and Dad!)
- I am thankful for the second round of family time and yummy food as we spend Thanksgiving #2 out at Keith's Grandparents' house on Friday. I am thankful for the beautiful orange tree in Meme and Pop's backyard. I think we left with at least 60 oranges.
- I am thankful that Ava's legs are healing after they were covered in bruises. Don't call CPS. My little wiggle worm discovered steps. Steps in the side walk, steps in the house, even just steps from grass to concrete. Gosh, she is changing everyday. I am thankful that she loves her life and has all of this loving family surrounding her.
- I am thankful for Maestro for not having a single accident the entire trip. I think at age 6 he has finally figured out how to hold his bladder (well, that was a big shift from the last bullet...sorry.)
- I am thankful for our 3rd Thanksgiving in Richmond. More family than ever! I am thankful for Aunt Barbara and Uncle Jim for choosing to provide Mexican food. Mmmm-m!
- I am thankful for all of the new beautiful babies in our family. All healthy, all loved, all ready to someday get into trouble.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to watch Ava interact with her family. Last year she was only 2 months old at Thanksgiving. This year, she was somethin' else. She was laughing hysterically, playing ball, pushing foot stools around the floor (she LOVES to push anything), and giving away kisses. I took a bunch of mental pictures to keep forever.
- I am thankful for Granna for spending the entire church service on Sunday out in the hallway so that I could learn about finding Blessings in Disguise. I needed to hear it.
- I am thankful for the ducks outside of Beck's Prime Rib. Ava loves them and I love watching her love them.
- I am thankful for my father-in-law for buying us lunch and filling our gas tank.
- I am thankful for my mother-in-law for walking up and down the stairs with Ava 12 times.
- I am thankful for my mom for spending the whole way to San Antonio and back in the backseat with me and my Energizer Bunny.
- I am thankful for my Dad for making our trips home worry-free.
- I am thankful for my husband for always putting me first, especially when I am busy taking care of our daughter on a crazy whirlwind trip.
- I am thankful for my baby girl, for laughing so hard on the way back to Dallas that I cried hearing it.
- I am thankful for the beginning of this Advent season.
- I am thankful for the birth of Jesus Christ.
- I am thankful for the life He gave me and the hope I can have for the future.

Thanks for reading...

Emily

1 comment:

MomandDad said...

...and I am thankful for every blessing filled day I have had since I married your dad and we created two fabulously wonderful children...and in turn you have blessed us with a whole new extended family...Blessed be God, Blesased be His name...XXXOOOOMOM