Friday, December 12, 2008

Runnin' Around the Christmas Tree



Well here you have it. The newest addition to the Wood family. Can I just tell you how excited I am to have this 165 pound bundle of joy in my home? It just glows doesn't it? Keith and I went back and forth of what we were going to do for eachother for Christmas. You know, it all comes down to the fact that being active makes us feel good and good about ourselves. Keith used to go to the gym on a daily basis and now he chooses to be home at night with his two girls instead of going to the gym (he's just the greatest). We would go to the gym nightly before Sassy came. That was our time to let off any steam that had collected throughout our day and we really got in some husband and wife bonding time (even if we were across the room from eachother.) Since I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with our Ava, I do have the opportunity to take my jogging stroller out -- last year's Christmas present....do we see a trend? It's sorta increasing with the years isn't it? Next year it'll be our own gym! : ) -- but as I have brought up in former blogs, it just gets a little well, boring. But now! My friends, Keith has used it at night, and I use it in the morning before Sleeping Beauty arises, and it is fantastic! There's nothing wrong with a little variety...now we have options. And, ugh, if I say this I am commited....hold on give me a sec...okay. And now I can train for a half-marathon I have my eyes set on. And Mom! We are SO on for the turkey trot next year. I'll be one trottin' turkey.

Well, I am going to have to sign off for now. I am in the middle of baking (cue "Psycho" music). It usually isn't too pretty when I get in the kitchen. But I am proud to say that I, Emily, made yummy cookies from scratch. Yes, I made everything. Me and my "Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwhich Cookies" are off to a cookie party tonight. Daddy's gonna be home to spend time with his princess and Mr. Gold's Gym 550.

Hope you all have the most pleasant weekend.

Thanks for reading...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You Go Girly! I'm proud of you. That marathon will be a breeze for you now that you are fully committed to running it! I may have to come running around your tree after all those cookies I ate tonight! Thanks for coming and sharing time with us. Your cookies were a hit! - adrian

Baker Family said...

The Chariots of Fire was a nice touch...liked it! I am excited for you and your treadmill. We have tried twice to purchase treadmills, but they end up being expensive places to hand our clothes on. I prefer to walk outdoors anyway. :) I hope you and Keith both have great success with your Christmas gift. I'm looking forward to your gym, next year. Can we join?