Thursday, January 29, 2009

Too many shoes, too little time.

I know. Can you believe it? Two days in a row! I have to confess that I find myself sitting here in front of my computer for a few reasons: #1) As you may remember me mentioning, we recieved a Nintendo Wii (and Wii Fit) from Keith's very very generous brother for Christmas. And as you may remember, Keith just had a birthday. So, my newly 32-year old husband is playing his brand new car racing game on the Wii. I love watching him concentrate. He's very serious. : ) So I sit here beside him in the "passenger seat" while he drives in our living room. #2) I just ran. Lordy, am I beat. I did some research on preparing for one's first 5k and I learned that while training I shouldn't shoot for a certain distance, but for a certain time. So that was a big adjustment for me. I ended up running an extra mile without knowing it because I had a towel draped over the screen on the treadmill. I don't write about my running endevours to impress you. Trust me. I'm dying. #3) Maestro has never ever been a real cuddle-bug. But lately, as soon as I sit down, he is by my side as close as he can get. He just curls up into a little ball (after I tell him 17 times to stop licking me). I love it. So, why not make the most of my time right now?

Today was a fun day. There is a brand newish library in Rockwall that just started story time for Ava's age group today. I have been so excited about this! As I said yesterday, Ava loves to read and loves to play so I was looking forward to story time and playtime afterward. Adrian and I took the girls together. I tell you, those girls are good buds. Ava chose to really enjoy her breakfast this morning and took a bite every 5 minutes or so. So I ran around like my pants were on fire trying to get ready, while she leisurely enjoyed her morning coffee and newspaper. Little monkey has no idea what it takes! Anyway, we made it on time to the library. There were about 8 or so other kids and their mommies. All the tots are supposed be between 12 and 24 months so it was a good mix. The girls sang, and danced, and listened to 2 stories....well 1 really. By story #2 most of the kids were checkin' out. But the leader of the story time expressed that she didn't at all expect them to stay quiet and still, so it took the pressure off of us all, I'm sure. Ava was really timid at first. She sorta stood in the doorway wondering if I was going to leave her or not. She eventually sat down in my lap. By the 3rd song, she started to dance and then everyone got to meet my Ava. Would you know it? Little Sassy was the one who wanted to pet (and take) the bunny puppet that was on the leaders little hand. "Buh? Buh?" She kept saying. And then when the nice young lady put the first book down, my little Ava was the one who wanted it as her prized possession. Then she danced. Ohhhh...that's my girl. Always making an impression. We had a blast...thanks Adrian! Can't wait until next Thursday!

I also joined a local mommies group today. Adrian and I were very kindly recruited at the library today by the mom who started it up. I am excited! Stay tuned!

We have been spoiled the last few days. Keith has stayed home to work because we have been iced in. Well, today he had to go in for a full day. Bummer. But when he got home he was eagerly greeted with the squealing apple of his eye. She always offers him something different when he comes home. Sort of a welcome home gift. Yesterday, it was a syrup bottle from her grocery cart. Today it was a shoe. His shoe. But he accepted it graciously as he always does. Little by little, she gathered every shoe she could get her hands on. And we learned to not help her...ohhhhh no! She's gotta do it or you'll pay. *sigh* Sign of wonderful things to come.
Thanks for reading.








No comments: